ALEXIS P. FERRACUTI
- Managing Partner, 2014
Born and raised in Ottawa, Illinois, Alexis is a LaSalle County native who joined the Law Offices of Peter F. Ferracuti, P.C in September of 2014. She concentrates in representing clients in civil litigation and workers' compensation matters.
Alexis received her J.D. from New England Law | Boston in Boston, Massachusetts and she received her B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois.
During her third year of law school, Alexis served as a lieutenant governor for the First Circuit Law Student Division of the American Bar Association. She was also the academic co-chair of Phi Alpha Delta, a member of the Business Law Society, and a member of the Students Veterans Advocacy Group. Alexis also became an advocate for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and used her passion for helping others to lobby in Washington, DC for both public mental health rights and veterans' mental health treatment.
Prior to joining the Law Offices of Peter Ferracuti, P.C., Alexis interned with the State of Massachusetts Human Resources Division doing both workers' compensation and employment law as well as with the Normal Cornbelters doing Sports law. She also interned with the Law Offices of Peter Ferracuti, P.C., doing both workers' compensation and personal injury law for several summers during college and law school.
Alexis has been admitted to the Illinois State Bar and to the General Bar for Northern District Of Illinois. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Womens' Bar Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- New England Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: American Bar Association, First Circuit Law Student Division, Lieutenant Governor
- Honors: Phi Alpha Delta, Academic Co-chair
- Honors: Business Law Society, Member
- Honors: Students Veterans Advocacy Group, Member
- Honors: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Advocate
- Illinois Wesleyan University
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Philosophy
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Womens' Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Women in Law 2020
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- State of Massachusetts Human Resources Division, Intern
- Normal Cornbelters, Intern
- Law Offices of Peter Ferracuti, P.C., Intern